miércoles, 13 de mayo de 2015

May 12 - Bled, Slovenia

Lesce Bled
Lake Bled, while isn't that big, is gorgeous! Bled is probably one of the most naturally beautiful places I've ever been! There's an island that's on this lake, which is the only island in all of Slovenia! Turns out, all islands off the coast of Slovenia belong to Croatia! Walking around the lake is very serene and picturesque. Every picture you take is postcard quality! Oh, how I wanted to go swimming in the lake...

Bled Castle
Overlook the lake, there is a castle on a hill that is just over 1000 years old. It's not a huge castle, but it is quaint and the view of the surrounding area is impressive.

Blejski Vintgar
To get to the park to see the Vintgar Gorge, it was a few kilometers walk, but the entire trip was amazing because of the scenery! Mountains, fields, quaint houses and farmettes, Bled Castle...breathtaking. Then you get to the Gorge, and pardon the pun, but it is truthfully gorgeous! The hike through the gorge is so relaxing. The water surging through the different obstacles is entrancing. I could hike this daily and still be in awe every day. This was a top experience for my trip so far, that's for sure!

Bled was so different from everything I have seen so far. The town is very quaint, the people are amazing and helpful, the scenery leaves you speechless... It's honestly a hidden gem and a place I will return to in the future! I NEED to go back to go sky diving, hike through more of the park, and just breath in the beauty and fresh air! On the train into Bled, I even met another traveler who I walked around the lake and had breakfast with before we parted ways. Ironically, his name is also Nate! Meeting other travelers makes me want to just keep traveling the world and not go back to reality because this is like a dream. There are days I miss friends, family, my dog, and even food from the US, but if life is truly measured not by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away, then I have lived more this spring than I have my entire life!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario